Aidan McDaniel has been involved with Bullying Prevention for many years. He started off at an early age, participating in presentations with his father Gary McDaniel. From there, he became more involved with his school’s efforts towards bettering the climate for his peers. He worked on the Stand Up For Others campaign, began the “Launching People Into the Friendzone” initiative, and presented the “Be a Friend ~ Lend a Hand” program to his school and his county’s board of education. He then began presenting at larger conferences including…
- NASW (National Association of Social Work)’s 2011 annual conference in Charleston West Virginia where he presented a breakout session on The Bully The Bullied and The Bystander.
- IBPA (International Bullying Prevention Association)’s 2011 annual conference in New Orleans Louisiana, where he gave one of the closing keynotes.
- The Born This Way Foundation’s symposium on meanness and cruelty at Harvard University, 2012, where he was a youth representative.
- IBPA’s 2012 annual conference in Kansas City Missouri, where he presented a keynote with a panel of bullying prevention experts.
- FOSI (Family Online Safety Institute)’s annual conference in Washington DC, where he was a part of a breakout session presented by a panel of youth experts. Aidan was also inducted as a Sprigeo Hero in 2011 along with Gary McDaniel, and looks forward to a future in helping everyone he can.